PA Medical Program
Medical Marijuana Program Instructions
Currently, Pennsylvania residents with a serious medical condition can be certified by an approved physician to be considered medical marijuana patients. They can register for an Identification Card (ID), which can be used to obtain medical marijuana at approved Pennsylvania dispensaries. Caregivers are Pennsylvania residents designated by medical marijuana patients to obtain medical marijuana for them at a Pennsylvania dispensary. A caregiver can be a spouse, parent, or even a friend. Patients under the age of 18 are required to have a caregiver. To become a Caregiver, one must register for an ID card and complete a background check.
In Pennsylvania, approved forms of medical marijuana include: Pill, Oil, Topical Forms (including gel/creams/ointments), Tincture, Liquid, or a form medically appropriate for administration by vaporization or nebulization (including dry leaf or plant form, for administration by vaporization).PA Approved Medical Conditions
Patients that want to participate in the medical marijuana program should :
- First, visit the Patients and Caregivers Registry and create a patient profile in the Department of Health’s patient and caregiver registry.
- Next, obtain a physician’s certification that you suffer from one of the 23 serious medical conditions.
- Then, return to the Patient and Caregivers Registry and pay for a medical marijuana ID card.
- Obtain medical marijuana from an approved dispensary in Pennsylvania
Caregivers that want to participate in the medical marijuana program should :
- First, visit the Patients and Caregivers Registry and create a caregiver profile in the Department of Health’s patient and caregiver registry.
- Next, complete a criminal background check.
- Then, complete an ‘authorization to designate a third-party caregiver’ form, if necessary.
- Ensure your patient has a patient certification.
- Return to the Patient and Caregivers Registry and pay for a medical marijuana ID card.
Find Us at Your Local Dispensary
If your Dispensary doesn’t carry our product then make sure to ask them to do so!